Saturday, January 3, 2009

about

After months of searching for a job with no prevail I have decided to an alternative path to finding employment is needed.

So I decided to set up this blog to outsource the task of job hunting to those who maybe better skilled at it then I am or at the least by opening my job search up people who know of a job opening may inform me about it.

I am willing to pay 10% of the income from any job (for up to my first year of employment) that comes from this blog to the person who founds me a job*

ideally I would like a job in the area that I already live in, south eastern Michigan (near the Pontiac area would be best) but I am welling to relocate for the right job.


*I reserve the right to reject any job offer




If any there are any questions please respond to me in the comment section below.

5 comments:

  1. Okay - somehow I stumbled across your blog. I've had a little experience with helping people find jobs, so here goes.

    1. Unless you are a true conscientious objector, check out options with the military. My husband & I were both in the Army, as well as our three kids. We weren't too good to join, and neither are you.

    2. Though you took classes in communications, writing is not your strong point. That's not an insult, that's just the way it is. Not a big problem, but just make sure you have a trusted friend or advisor who can proof-read your resume and any cover letters that you send out. They need to check for correct grammar & spelling. Your computer's spell check certainly can help, but it is not a substitute for a real person.

    3. Send out at least one resume and cover letter, or complete a job application, every single solitary day. Even if you don't see anything that looks suitable some days, apply to the least objectionable job opening that you find.

    4. It's always easier to find a job when you're already employed. Even working as a p/t donut-fryer is better than being unemployed (unless it really screws up your UI benefits).

    5. Haunt your local Workforce/Unemployment office (or whatever you call it in Michigan). Stop by every day and see what is new there.

    6. Every day, you should be up, dressed, and out the door by 9:00 a.m. Until you are working f/t, you should be volunteering. Look for volunteer opportunities in agencies or fields where you'd like to be employed. But don't let the volunteer work cut into your job-search time.

    7. Keep a positive attitude & good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Just realized that I posted the last comment under my husband's account. Sorry! All of us goof up somethimes....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, Betsy for the the advice.

    those all sound like sold tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for a job too. I can't relocate.

    I have many skills that it seems overlooked by employers/even recruiters

    I agree with the above comments.
    stay positive if you can and it will happen sooner or later

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your best bet my friend is to sign up with as many temporary employment agencies as possible. If you do this, you will have professionals looking for jobs that meet your qualifications, and you can work on temporary assignments that may turn into full time employment.

    ReplyDelete